As part of my CreateSpace Public Art Residency, I am inviting people to observe the voices in their heads and pivot any fear-based thoughts into more empowering thoughts.
During the BC Culture Days weekend (September 24-25, 2022), I will play audio recordings of a collection of people’s worries and fears as part of my interactive art installation.
My idea is to magnify what goes on in our mind and invite people to become more aware of the voices in our head.
I am looking for volunteers to record audios of their fears and/or worries. The audio recordings will be anonymous and mixed with other people’s recordings.
Examples of Jeni’s mind chatters (I’ve recorded myself saying this list on my phone):
- I don’t know how.
- I have to do something but I don’t want to.
- I need to finish this right now.
- I hate losing money.
- The mess pisses me off.
- I regret my decision.
- I should’ve known better.
Here are some of the ways you can help:
- Arrange a meeting with Jeni to record the audio
- Record the audio on your phone and upload the files here
- Write down your worries/fears on this form and we will read/record it for you
To read more about this project, check out the table of content here.
To experience this interactive art installation on September 24-25, 2022, check out the event information on the Richmond Art Gallery website or the BC Culture Days website.Leave a Comment